Launching Virtual Desktops from Horizon Client
This article will walk you through launching virtual desktops from the Horizon Client, showcasing the PCoIP protocol.
In order to perform the full end-to-end demo make sure you have the following:
- A valid account in the VMware TestDrive environment, signup here if you don't
- Network access from your device and TCP ports 80, 443, 4172, 8443 and UDP ports 443, 4172, 8443 enabled
- Ensure you have the latest View Client installed on your local machine
First, navigate to the TestDrive portal at portal.vmtestdrive.com. Ensure you are logged in with your TestDrive account. From the Portal homepage click "Launchers" at the top. Click the region you want to connect to from the list under the Native Client header.
When prompted by View Client, enter your EUC Demo account credentials, ensure that the domain is correctly been selected at VMWDEMO. Once you have entered your username and password, click Login.
There are five desktop pools available which are RDS (Windows 2012), Windows 7, Windows 10, the VMware & NVIDIA GRID Test Drive Desktop (Windows 7), and Red Had Linux 6.6.
Double click on the desktop pool you would like to launch. In the example below, a Win7 desktop has been launched from Horizon Client for Mac.
Now you know how to launch and open a Horizon Desktop. That's a logical place to stop, let's have a quick recap of what happened!
- Log into the Demo Portal Landing Page
- Launch Horizon Native Client Link
- Enter EUC Demo Account credentials
- Launch a Windows 7 Virtual Desktop
Check out the TestDrive Support KB for further walkthroughs, FAQs and information regarding the VMware Global Demo Environment.
For support or to report issues with any of the demo systems please send us an email .