Remote Management 4 - Getting Started
Remote Management 4 (RM4) is VMware AirWatch's modern device remote control and management functionality available for supported Android and Windows Mobile devices.
In TestDrive, RM4 is available and can be enabled by request on your organization's "scripted demos" AirWatch tenant.
TestDrive Remote Management 4 Requirements
Please ensure you having completed the following before attempting RM4 in your organization's airwatch.vmtestdrive.com tenant:
- RM4 enabled on organization's airwatch.vmtestdrive.com primary tenant. Click here to submit RM4 request.
- In the request, include the organization's AirWatch tenant name. A screenshot is requested to clarify the exact tenant.
- Android devices
- Enroll as a Work Managed Device. RM4 is not supported in the work profile, i.e., in BYO use cases.
- Must have Remote Management Agent and Remote Management Service*.
- Remote Management Agent 4.x (RM agent) installs automatically on Work Managed Devices in the "Enterprise - EMM Demo."
- Remote Management Service (RM service) for Android OEMs are available for manual deployment in the "Enterprise - EMM Demo."
*Samsung devices do not require a RM service app.
- Windows Mobile devices
- Remote Management agent CAB installed